Oil prices will rise, Iran says, if embargo comes
Christian Science Monitor - May 20, 2012
Oil prices will go up if European Union goes through with a total embargo on Iranian crude in July, Iran's economy minister says. IMF has warned oil prices could rise as much as 30 percent if Iran halts exports./ 's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them./ The European Union is preparing for a total embargo on the purchase of Iranian crude oil in July. The has also imposed sanctions targeting Iran's energy and banking sectors ...
Reuters - May 20, 2012
A selection of our best photos from India from the past seven days./ EDITORS' NOTE: Reuters and other foreign media are subject to Iranian restrictions on leaving the office to report, film or take pictures in Tehran. Shamseddin Hosseini, Iran's Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance, speaks during a conference in Tehran July 26, 2011./ (Reuters) - Iran's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the European Union moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them. The European ...
CNN - May 20, 2012
Iran's finance minister believes oil prices could rise as high as $160 a barrel thanks to sanctions over its nuclear program, a prediction that comes just as the chief of the United Nations nuclear watchdog agency headed to Tehran on Sunday for high-level talks. "We must pay close attention when we speak of oil revenues and sanctions against oil sales, who are the winners and the losers of such sanctions?" Shamseddin Hosseini told CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" in an interview that airs Sunday. "Indeed, it is difficult. But not just for Iran. ...
Reuters - May 20, 2012
Iran's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the European Union moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them. The European Union is preparing for a total embargo on the purchase of Iranian crude oil in July. The United States has also imposed sanctions targeting Iran's energy and banking sectors. Iran's economy minister, Shamseddin Hosseini, was asked in an interview conducted Thursday and aired Sunday on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" whether oil prices would rise ...
Business Week - May 20, 2012
Iranian Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini said international oil prices will rise under sanctions designed to persuade the Persian Gulf nation to abandon its nuclear program. Oil prices might go as high as $160 per barrel if the European Union goes ahead with a July 1 embargo, Hosseini told CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS” in an interview scheduled to air tomorrow. Group of Eight nations gathered a summit at the U.S. presidential retreat at Camp David, Maryland, discussed containing Iran’s nuclear ambitions. “We must pay close attention when ...
- Iran seeks expansion of all-round ties with Saudi Arabia (Xinhua)
- Iran foreign minister hails 'new chapter' in Saudi ties: IRNA (Yahoo! News)
- Kerry, Iran counterpart discuss nuclear talks, Islamic State (Reuters)
- Kerry meets with Iran foreign minister on nuclear program (CBS News)
- Chinese destroyer docks in Iran, first such visit (Washington Post)
- Iran, China Prepare For Joint Naval Exercises (Radio Free Europe)
- United States says role for Iran in tackling Islamic State (Reuters)
- Iran presence at anti-ISIL forum was necessary: Iraq president (Press TV)
- Iran can no longer stall in nuclear talks: German foreign minister (Reuters)
- Iran, World Powers Meet in New York for Nuclear Talks (VOA News)
- 'Happy' Iranians get suspended jail, lashes sentences (Yahoo! News)
- Iran's "Happy" dancers get a stern warning (CBS News)
- Nuclear deal elusive as Iran, six powers resume talks in New York (Reuters)
- Iran Says Its Committed to Nuclear Deal (Nasdaq)
- Iranian Foreign Minister: America Helped Create ISIS And Is Taking The ... (Huffington Post)
- Coalition Of One: Iran Leads Own Fight Against Islamic State Militants (Radio Free Europe)
- France Drops Remaining Charges Against Iranian Dissident Group (Wall Street Journal)
- France drops case against Iranian dissidents after 11-year probe (Reuters)
- Iranian official at Asiad accused of sexual harassment (One India)
- OCA throws Iran official out of Asiad (Reuters)