Christian Science Monitor - May 20, 2012
Oil prices will go up if European Union goes through with a total embargo on Iranian crude in July, Iran's economy minister says. IMF has warned oil prices could rise as much as 30 percent if Iran halts exports./ 's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them./ The European Union is preparing for a total embargo on the purchase of Iranian crude oil in July. The has also imposed sanctions targeting Iran's energy and banking sectors ...
Reuters - May 20, 2012
A selection of our best photos from India from the past seven days./ EDITORS' NOTE: Reuters and other foreign media are subject to Iranian restrictions on leaving the office to report, film or take pictures in Tehran. Shamseddin Hosseini, Iran's Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance, speaks during a conference in Tehran July 26, 2011./ (Reuters) - Iran's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the European Union moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them. The European ...
CNN - May 20, 2012
Iran's finance minister believes oil prices could rise as high as $160 a barrel thanks to sanctions over its nuclear program, a prediction that comes just as the chief of the United Nations nuclear watchdog agency headed to Tehran on Sunday for high-level talks. "We must pay close attention when we speak of oil revenues and sanctions against oil sales, who are the winners and the losers of such sanctions?" Shamseddin Hosseini told CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" in an interview that airs Sunday. "Indeed, it is difficult. But not just for Iran. ...
Reuters - May 20, 2012
Iran's economy minister said oil prices will "certainly" rise if the European Union moves ahead with an embargo in July and that sanctions will backfire on those who impose them. The European Union is preparing for a total embargo on the purchase of Iranian crude oil in July. The United States has also imposed sanctions targeting Iran's energy and banking sectors. Iran's economy minister, Shamseddin Hosseini, was asked in an interview conducted Thursday and aired Sunday on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS" whether oil prices would rise ...
Business Week - May 20, 2012
Iranian Economy Minister Shamseddin Hosseini said international oil prices will rise under sanctions designed to persuade the Persian Gulf nation to abandon its nuclear program. Oil prices might go as high as $160 per barrel if the European Union goes ahead with a July 1 embargo, Hosseini told CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS” in an interview scheduled to air tomorrow. Group of Eight nations gathered a summit at the U.S. presidential retreat at Camp David, Maryland, discussed containing Iran’s nuclear ambitions. “We must pay close attention when ...
- Yemen's president calls Shiite rebels 'stooges of Iran' (USA Today)
- Iran accuses Turkish leader Erdogan of fomenting regional strife (Reuters)
- Iran talks reach fever pitch amid calls for compromise (Yahoo! News)
- Merkel, Obama Call On Iran To Make 'Necessary Decisions' (Radio Free Europe)
- Negotiators at Iran Talks Said to Aim for March 29 Agreement (Bloomberg)
- Optimism for nuclear deal grows as Iran talks resume (LA Times)
- Has Iran overreached itself in Yemen? (Huffington Post)
- Iran demands immediate halt to military actions in Yemen (Reuters)
- Iran has a little surprise for the oil market that's ready to ship (India Times)
- Iran storing 30 million barrels of oil at sea (Trend)
- Schlumberger pleads guilty to violating US sanctions on Iran, Sudan (Reuters)
- Schlumberger Unit Expected to Plead Guilty to Violating Iran, Sudan ... (Wall Street Journal)
- Iran official criticizes demand for snap inspections of nuclear sites, ... (Fox News)
- Official: Iran won't accept snap inspections of nuke sites (Yahoo! News)
- Israel's Steinitz says world powers, Iran likely to agree bad nuclear deal (Reuters)
- Israel says West, Iran likely to agree on 'bad deal' for Iranian ... (Christian Science Monitor)
- Key crises in US-Israel ties (Yahoo! News)
- Report: Israel spied on nuclear talks with Iran (CBS News)
- Iran urges world to find 'common position' for nuclear deal (Yahoo! News)
- Iran urges world powers to find 'common position' as nuclear ... (Fox News)