Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Iran's Zarif says Netanyahu trying to undermine nuclear talks (Yahoo! News)
- Iran shrugs off Netanyahu bid to block nuclear deal (Al-Arabiya)
- First Iran flight lands in Shiite-held Yemen capital (Yahoo! News)
- First flight from Iran arrives in rebel-held Yemen capital to warm ... (Fox News)
- New round of Iran nuke talks to be held next week (Xinhua)
- Iran, six powers to hold nuclear talks in Switzerland on March 5: EU (Yahoo! News)
- Helicopter crash north of Iran's capital, Tehran, kills 3 (Yahoo! News)
- Helicopter crash kills 3 in north Tehran (Press TV)
- In message to US, Iran test fires new weapon in naval drill (Washington Post)
- Iran test fires new weapon in naval drill (Yahoo! News)
- Iranian Pro-Reform Party Holds First Congress (Radio Free Europe)
- New Iran reformist party eyes legislative polls (Gulf News)
- Iran Attacks Model U.S. Warship During War Games (Huffington Post)
- Iran's Revolutionary Guard begins military exercises near strategic strait (Fox News)
- EU Says Iran Nuke Deal 'At Hand' (Radio Free Europe)
- Leaked South Africa intelligence cables show concern over Iran (CBS News)
- Iran group's 'secret nuclear site': Legitimate or effort to derail talks? (Christian Science Monitor)
- Dissident group alleges new secret nuke site in Iran (USA Today)
- Iran says to move faster in cooperation with IAEA (Reuters)
- Iran says to move faster in cooperation with IAEA (Yahoo! News)