India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Kerry: 'Serious gaps' remain in Iran talks (USA Today)
- Kerry: 'Serious Gaps' Remain as Iran Nuclear Deadline Looms (VOA News)
- West seen easing demands on Iran atom bomb 'mea culpa' in deal (Yahoo! News)
- Iran May Be Allowed To Hide Nuclear Weapon Projects After Talks (Huffington Post)
- World powers, Iran press on for nuke pact in Vienna (USA Today)
- A Final Push for a Nuclear Deal With Iran (Newsweek)
- Iran Vows to Guard Oil-Market Share as OPEC to Review Output (Bloomberg)
- IRNA: Iran to Hold Market Share Talks With Saudi at OPEC (VOA News)
- Kerry in Paris to continue Iran nuclear meetings (Yahoo! News)
- As Deadline Looms, Lawmakers Wary Of Iran Talks (Wall Street Journal)
- Iran to Resist 'Excessive' Demands in Push for Nuclear Deal (Newsweek)
- Britain says not optimistic about Iran nuclear deal by deadline (Reuters)
- Iran Lawmakers Reject Rohani's Science Minister Nominee (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran parliament rejects Rouhani's minister nominee (Yahoo! News)
- Iran detained Iranian-British woman due to opposition links, report says (Fox News)
- Iran files charges against Iranian-British woman (Washington Post)
- 'Very Serious Gaps' In Iran Nuke Talks (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran talks: taking stock a week before deadline (Washington Post)
- In Iran, thousands mourn pop singer Morteza Pashaei (LA Times)
- Iranians hold massive funeral for popular pop star (Press TV)