India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Few details month after reporters detained in Iran (Washington Post)
- Few details month after Iran detained reporters, though hard-liners ... (Fox News)
- Iran denies report linking sanctions relief to cooperation with U.S. (Tehran Times)
- Iran denies linking cooperation on Iraq to sanctions (Xinhua)
- Pentagon: Iran military doctrine defensive (Press TV)
- Iran mass-produces advanced batteries for missiles (Daily Times)
- Moderate Iranian Science Minister Ousted By Parliament (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran Minister Facing Impeachment Motion Defends Actions (Business Week)
- France seeks international meeting to tackle Islamic State (Yahoo! News)
- France urges Iran, others in region, to join fight against IS (France 24)
- Simin Behbahani, 'Lioness Of Iran,' Dies At 87 (NPR)
- Poet Behbahani, 'lioness of Iran', dies at 87: state media (Reuters)
- IAEA expects progress by deadline in Iran nuclear inquiry (Reuters)
- Iran won't sign nuclear deal 'at any price' (Yahoo! News)
- Iran able to double Turkey gas delivery: Official (Press TV)
- Iran may double gas sale to Turkey (Today's Zaman)
- Iran Earthquake 2014: Strong Temblor Hits Western City, Injuring Dozens (Huffington Post)
- Magnitude-6.2 Earthquake Hits Western Iran (VOA News)
- Report: UN nuclear watchdog chief arrives in Iran (Washington Post)
- Report: UN nuclear watchdog chief arrives in Iran (Kansas City)