India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Boeing sells aircraft manuals, other documents to Iran Air (Fox News)
- Boeing sells parts to Iran for first time since 1979 (Khaleej Times)
- China, Iran defense officials meet (Al-Arabiya)
- China, Iran Vow to Strengthen Military Ties, Xinhua Says (Bloomberg)
- Iran fully backs Iraq against terrorists (Press TV)
- Iran considers Iraqi security as its own-Khamenei (Trend)
- Iran president denounces bill to empower Islamic vigilantes (Yahoo! News)
- Iran president denounces bill to empower Islamic vigilantes (Reuters)
- Iranians protest acid attacks in central city (Yahoo! News)
- Iranians rally against acid attacks on women in central city (Iran Focus)
- Iranian human rights lawyer stages protest over ban from practice (Yahoo! News)
- Iranian Lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh Stages Sit-in to Protest Ban on Her ... (Payvand)
- Kerry expects 'deep' engagement with Congress on Iran talks (Reuters)
- Kerry: US Congress important to Iran negotiations (Business Week)
- Iran arrests several spies near Bushehr nuclear plant (Reuters)
- Iran Arrests 'Spies' Near Bushehr Nuclear Plant (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran's Rouhani Vows Support for IS-Besieged Iraq (VOA News)
- Iran president pledges to back Iraq amid attacks (Washington Post)
- Head of Iran's top clerical body dies (Yahoo! News)
- Head of Iran Assembly of Experts Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani passes away at 83 (Press TV)