India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Iran Rejects Western Criticism Of Human Rights Record (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran's rights record under fire at UN (Yahoo! News)
- Kerry, Iran Minister to Meet Ahead of Deadline For Atom Deal (Newsweek)
- Kerry, Iran minister to meet ahead of deadline for atom deal (Reuters)
- Iran wants sanctions lifted before nuclear deal (Yahoo! News)
- Iran wants sanctions lifted before nuclear deal: official (Daily Times)
- Iran Oil Revenue Shrinks 30 Percent on Price Drop, Rouhani Says (Business Week)
- Iran Says Oil Revenue Down 30% Because of Global Price Decline (Bloomberg)
- Iran says foils bid to sabotage nuclear heavy-water tanks: newspaper (Reuters)
- Iran foils sabotage attempt on heavy water tanks (Washington Post)
- Jailed reporter's family urges Iranian authorities to release him (Fox News)
- Reporter's family urges Iran to release him (Kansas City)
- Iran envoy rejects U.N. investigator's charges of rights abuses (Yahoo! News)
- Iran Leader Fails to Deliver on Rights Promises, UN Says (Bloomberg)
- Photos: Luxury Train From Europe Arrives In Tehran (Payvand)
- Western tourists in Tehran on luxury ride (Gulf Times)
- Woman Hanged In Iran For Killing Alleged Rapist Sent Her Family A ... (Huffington Post)
- Heartbreaking last message of hanged Iranian woman Reyhaneh Jabbari to ... (India Times)
- In Iran, 130 sickened by toxic gas dump (Washington Post)
- In Iran, 130 sickened by toxic gas dump (Yahoo! News)