India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Kerry expects 'deep' engagement with Congress on Iran talks (Reuters)
- Kerry: US Congress important to Iran negotiations (Business Week)
- Iran arrests several spies near Bushehr nuclear plant (Reuters)
- Iran Arrests 'Spies' Near Bushehr Nuclear Plant (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran's Rouhani Vows Support for IS-Besieged Iraq (VOA News)
- Iran president pledges to back Iraq amid attacks (Washington Post)
- Head of Iran's top clerical body dies (Yahoo! News)
- Head of Iran Assembly of Experts Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani passes away at 83 (Press TV)
- WTI Gains for Third Day as Iran Seeks Halt to Price Drop (Business Week)
- WTI Gains for Third Day as Iran Seeks Halt to Price Drop (Bloomberg)
- Iran military ready to ship equipment to Lebanon (Business Week)
- Iran resolute in fight against Takfiri-Zionist current: Dehqan (Press TV)
- Lebanon defense minister in Iran (Gulf News)
- Iran repeats readiness to equip Lebanon army (Press TV)
- Jihadists take heavy losses in battle for Syria's Kobane (Yahoo! News)
- Iraqi Prime Minister To Visit Tehran (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran says number of foreign tourists surges (Washington Post)
- Iran says number of foreign tourists surges (Business Week)
- Iran Bans Rights Lawyer From Profession (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran bans human rights lawyer from practicing law (Washington Post)