India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Iran urges Muslim countries to help end Gaza blockade (One India)
- Iran, Oman urge global efforts to end Gaza blockade (Press TV)
- Iran detains four journalists, three of them Iranian-American, says CPJ (Yahoo! News)
- Report: Four journalists detained in Iran, three of them Americans (CNN)
- Iran asks Egypt to permit its aid pass to Gaza (Trend)
- Iran Gaza aid ready for shipment (Press TV)
- Iran rallies for Gaza, Rouhani slams world 'silence' (Yahoo! News)
- Iranians tell Palestinians to fight against Israel: state TV (Reuters)
- Boeing Signs Deal To Sell Airplane Parts To Iran (Nasdaq)
- Boeing to provide Iran Air with plane parts: Report (Press TV)
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Reuters)
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in early September: state TV (Yahoo! News)
- IAEA: Iran Turns its Enriched Uranium Into Less Harmful Form (VOA News)
- West still struggles to cut feared bomb risk in Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
- Extension of Iran nuclear talks gets mixed Israeli response (Reuters)
- Nations agree to 4-month extension of Iranian nuclear negotiations (CNN)
- West considers early sanctions moves in troubled Iran nuclear talks (Reuters)
- West mulls easing Iran sanctions (Khaleej Times)
- Iranian president backs extension of nuclear talks (Yahoo! News)
- President Obama Considering Deadline Extension for Iran Talks (Wall Street Journal)