Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- HUFFPOLLSTER: Americans Favor A Nuclear Deal With Iran (Huffington Post)
- Poll: Clear majority supports nuclear deal with Iran (Washington Post)
- Crude down despite late rally, as deadline for Iran nuclear deal nears (Nasdaq)
- Oil prices slip on possible Iran deal, dollar (Al-Arabiya)
- Iran Denies Sending Arms to Rebels in Yemen (VOA News)
- Iran brushes off claims of arms flow to Yemen (Press TV)
- Pentagon Denies Iran Report that Coalition Airstrikes Killed 2 Iranians (VOA News)
- Iran levels drone strike charge as nuke deal deadline looms, US denies ... (Fox News)
- Iranian filmmaker with ties to Canada arrested in Iran (Yahoo! News)
- Canadian Filmmaker Arrested in Iran, CBC Says (Wall Street Journal)
- Report: Iran journalist defects while covering nuclear talks (Yahoo! News)
- Report: Iran journalist defects while covering nuclear talks (Washington Post)
- Erdogan says Iran visit still on despite 'domination' row (Yahoo! News)
- Iran summons Turkish charge d'affaires over Erdogan comments (Reuters)
- UPDATE 2-Setbacks and progress as Iran, six powers meet to end nuclear ... (Reuters)
- Iran Deal Unlikely Before March 31 as Russia Leaves Talks (Bloomberg)
- Yemen's president calls Shiite rebels 'stooges of Iran' (USA Today)
- Iran accuses Turkish leader Erdogan of fomenting regional strife (Reuters)
- Iran talks reach fever pitch amid calls for compromise (Yahoo! News)
- Merkel, Obama Call On Iran To Make 'Necessary Decisions' (Radio Free Europe)