India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- EU's Ashton in Iran says there's 'no guarantee' of a final nuclear deal (CNN)
- EU: 'No Guarantee' of Comprehensive Deal in Nuclear Talks with Iran (VOA News)
- Israel PM calls on EU to confront Iran on missiles (Washington Post)
- Israel to display Iranian ship in hope of derailing talks with West (Christian Science Monitor)
- EU's Ashton visits Iran for first time; nuclear issue on agenda (Yahoo! News)
- Expert-level nuclear talks were constructive: Iranian negotiator (Tehran Times)
- Bahrain and Iran trade accusations at U.N. rights forum (Yahoo! News)
- Bahrain, Iran clash at UN rights forum (Gulf Times)
- Indonesia urges stronger Tehran-Jakarta ties (Press TV)
- Indonesian president urges expansion of Tehran-Jakarta cooperation (Trend)
- Iran rejects Israeli allegations of supplying arms to Gaza (Xinhua)
- Iran's Secret Weapons (Wall Street Journal)
- Japan makes $450m oil payment to Iran : March 06, 2014, 12:10 am (Daily Times)
- Japan makes second oil payment owed to Iran: Reuters (Press TV)
- West presses Iran to address suspected atom bomb research (Reuters)
- West presses Iran to address suspected atom bomb research (Yahoo! News)
- Iran stands firm on maintaining a nuclear program (Washington Post)
- Iran FM says will not scrap Arak reactor (Gulf Times)
- Netanyahu warns on Iran, urges no Palestinian 'excuses' (Reuters)
- Iran should face more pressure to dismantle nuclear program, Netanyahu ... (Washington Post)