India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Iran expects next payment under nuclear deal, signaling compliance (Reuters)
- Iran expects next payment under nuclear deal, signalling compliance (Daily Times)
- No country can attack Iran via Azerbaijan's soil: Defense Minister (Payvand)
- Iran wants to have strong Azerbaijan among its neighboring countries (Trend)
- Official: Iran will not discuss missile program (Washington Post)
- Iran Says Missile Program Off-Limits In Nuclear Talks (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran Asks UN to Address US Refusal to Issue Envoy Visa (VOA News)
- Iran protests US visa denial for UN ambassador pick (Fox News)
- Iran ready to expand ties with UAE (Tehran Times)
- Iran stresses ties with Persian Gulf littoral states (Press TV)
- UN expert urges Iran to halt woman's execution (Yahoo! News)
- UN's Iran rights watchdog slams case of death-row woman (Iran Focus)
- Iran ready to supply natural gas to Europe: Minister (Payvand)
- Iran ready to supply natural gas to Europe: Min. (Press TV)
- Iran Talking to EU Businesses About Future Investment, Seif Says (Business Week)
- Iran in investment talks with EU businesses: CBI (Press TV)
- Iran scraps plan to send warships to Atlantic -Fars (Reuters)
- Iran calls off plan to send warships to Atlantic (Yahoo! News)
- Iran court overturns ex-US Marine's death sentence (Yahoo! News)
- Lawyer: Former Marine held in Iran secretly retried (USA Today)