India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Sudan pushes back against Iran: Cultural centers closed, envoys banished (Washington Post)
- Sudan government closes Iranian cultural centers (Yahoo! News)
- Iran to unveil new air defense systems: general (Tehran Times)
- Iran unveils new surface-to-air missile (Gulf News)
- After deadline, Iran says held serious nuclear talks with IAEA (Reuters)
- Iran completes implementation of three nuclear transparency measures (Tehran Times)
- Iran's Zarif 'quite optimistic' of Iran nuclear agreement (Reuters)
- Iranian FM 'Optimistic' Of Nuclear Agreement (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran president condemns US sanctions "invasion" (Yahoo! News)
- US sanctions firms, individuals for aiding Iran (Fox News)
- Iran's foreign minister says hoping for positive result in nuclear talks (Yahoo! News)
- Iran's FM Says Hoping For Positive Result In Nuclear Talks (Radio Free Europe)
- Iran says testing new nuclear enrichment machine, may irk West (Reuters)
- Iran says testing new nuclear enrichment machine, may irk West (Yahoo! News)
- US Coast Guard fires at Iranian boat in Gulf (Washington Post)
- Coast Guard boat fires on Iran-flagged vessel in Persian Gulf, ... (Fox News)
- Report: Iran redesigning reactor as part of deal (Washington Post)
- Iran starts redesigning of Arak heavy water reactor (Trend)
- Iranian minister says Saudi talks 'constructive' (Reuters)
- Iran envoy meets Saudi foreign minister in highest-level talks since ... (Fox News)