India seeks more oil from OPEC members except Iran
Reuters - June 15, 2012
Seeks more time from Iran on terms of contract on South Pars * Seeks swift deal on pricing for extra 3.5 mtpa LNG from Qatar (Adds details, quotes) NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India is seeking extra oil supplies from OPEC members Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Algeria, as the country, already cutting its dependence on sanctions-hit Iran, works to secure additional barrels to feed its expanding refining capacity. India has sought an additional 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil - equivalent to 5 million tonnes a year - from its biggest ...
Reuters - June 14, 2012
Indian refiners aim to start payment at the earliest * Indian exporters hope to strengthen trade with Iran NEW DELHI, June 14 (Reuters) - India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases - albeit reduced -- in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method. India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions in return for significantly cutting purchases of Iranian oil. After ...
India Times - June 14, 2012
/ NEW DELHI: The Indian government formally lifted a hefty tax on payments to (NIOC) for settling part of its oil purchases in Indian rupees, two sources at Indian refiners said. India's finance minister in March proposed to exempt oil payments to Iran in from a 40 percent tax in order to smooth payments which ...
Tehran Times - June 15, 2012
India removed a hefty tax and took other steps to ease payments in its rupee currency for some imports of Iranian oil as it seeks to continue purchases in face of Western sanctions that blocked an earlier payment method./ India, Iran's second-biggest oil client, won a waiver this month from tough new U.S. sanctions./ After earlier Western measures directed against Iran's nuclear program hit the then existing payment conduit in December 2010, India has been using Turkey's Halkbank for its $10 billion plus annual oil import bill with Tehran./ ...
- Israel, Palestinians part ways in dueling speeches (Yahoo! News)
- Iran: Netanyahu Speech 'Baselessly' Associates Islamic State, Islamic World (VOA News)
- Iran to help Lebanon army fight extremists (Yahoo! News)
- Iran to give military grant to Lebanese army (Gulf News)
- Vigil in Idaho city for pastor jailed in Iran (Washington Post)
- Vigil in Idaho city for pastor jailed in Iran (Yahoo! News)
- Iran to counter IS militants in Iraq if threatened: commander (Xinhua)
- Iran fully ready to counter ISIL militants: Commander (Press TV)
- No breakthrough in Iran nuclear talks, sides agree to keep talking (Reuters)
- Rouhani says 'courageous decisions' needed to clinch nuclear deal (Yahoo! News)
- Rare chance for West to solve fabricated N-issue: Iran (Press TV)
- Iranian negotiator: No agreement on major issues in nuclear talks (Trend)
- US considers new offer to Iran at nuke talks (Washington Post)
- US considers new offer to Iran at nuke talks (Yahoo! News)
- UPDATE 2-Iran urges OPEC to stop oil slide, Gulf members relaxed (Reuters)
- Iran Urges OPEC to Stop Further Falls in Oil Prices (Wall Street Journal)
- Iran Blames Western Influences for Rise of Islamic State (Newsweek)
- Iran's president: Let region tackle extremists (USA Today)
- Iran's Rouhani, UK's Cameron have historic, 'constructive' meeting (CNN)
- Iran responds to PM Cameron's statements, accuses UK of supporting ... (Trend)